Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 12 More Chocolate

The other day I got my usual Pillsbury e-mail.  The subject line was Chocolate.  Everything looked so good but this Chocolate Mousse Macadamia Tart looked amazing!!


I knew I had pie crust at home, and butter, and corn syrup.  Looking over the recipe I realized all I needed was bittersweet chocolate and macadamia nuts.  I ran right to the store, picked up my items, went home, and made it.  It has to chill for 2 to 3 hours so Tuck and I had passed out.  So we had a slice the next day...before noon but that's ok.  It was amazing!  I used dry roasted nuts and it really gave this a nice sweet and lightly salty taste.  It was so good. Click the Pillsbury link and pick up the recipe.  It is so good.  Did I mention that it was so good?  Well it is! 
This recipe gets 4 out of 4 forks for yumminess!  One tips when making this; the recipe does not tell you to have the whipping cream at room temperature when making the chocolate mousse portion of the tart.  If the cream is not at or close to room temperature when you pour it over the warm melted chocolate, the chocolate tries to get hard on you.  Other then that it's perfectly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment