Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is rapidly approaching. For those who tend to forget what Memorial Day is...it is a day to celebrate the lives of servicemen who died for our country.


I am proud to be from a country that had/has men brave enough to give their lives so that my daughters and I can have the best possible life here in America.
So on this Memorial Day in honor of these brave people...



Crack open a cold one...(which ever you prefer)



Eat some good ole American food...


Throw the ball around in the yard...


Listen to some good American music...

Watch some stunning fireworks...should you be so lucky

...and don't for a second think about politicians, health care, or the economy.  Relax, enjoy an extra day off, and take a moment of silence for the people who gave their lives so that you could do everything above.  So many take for granted how easy life is here compared to other countries, and never stop to think that without Marines, soliders, seaman, and airmen that life here would not be what it is today. During my moment of slience not only will I be thankful for these men, but I will be especially grateful that the men in my life made it back home.
God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment